TIPS THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL SAFE ON VACATIONS Visit the beaches of Mexico on your next trip
Tips that will make you feel safe on vacations
In addition to preparing a budget and the plans that you will carry out during the trip, you must also take measures to avoid being victims of crime.Safety Travel preferably during the day and use roads where there is an influx of vehicles. (Photo: iStock) tips that will make you feel safe on vacations
In Mexico, more than 2 million robberies have been committed to house in a year, according to the most recent figures of the INEGI, so in the holidays there is no need to be very cautious if you will make a trip.
In 2016, 31.1 million crimes were committed in Mexico that affected 24.2 million people, according to the National Survey of Victimization and Perception of Public Security (Envipe) 2017, published by the National Institute of Statistics and Geography (INEGI).
According to the National Citizen Observatory (ONC), in its December 2017 report, this period had 6,449 investigative folders for home-room robbery, where 578 were violent. So that in your absence you do not suffer a crime of this type, we give you some recommendations that David Lee issues through his Security Manual, which has been retaken by companies and organizations:
1. Tell neighbors you trust the time you will leave and inform them if someone will stay or go to your home in your absence.
2. Install on the outside of your home devices for automatic lighting of lights, and intermittent ignition to the interior to simulate the presence of people in the house.
3. Take a copy of your credit cards, passport, license and important documents for the trip.
When visiting a place, either inside or outside the country, you can also take risks, so you should keep in mind the following:
ON THE WAY
1. Do not travel carrying large amounts of cash, and if you use credit cards, carry only those you plan to use.
2. Do not discuss your plans or itineraries with strangers, much less the amount of money you carry.
3. If you travel in your own car, make sure it is in good condition and that you have the tools and spare parts necessary to face any eventuality.
4. Travel preferably during the day and use roads where there is an influx of vehicles.
5. If you travel by plane or bus, close your luggage and place a colored badge with your name and phone in each suitcase, avoid cards that reveal your position and profession.
6. Try to keep the name, address and telephone number of the place where you are staying.
DURING THE TRIP
1. Preferably stay in an apartment that is not too high, since in case of emergency the fire brigade or security bodies will have easier access.
2. In the administration or tourist services, ask about the areas of interest, as well as the approximate prices and addresses. Also, ask about the places that you should abstain from visiting for security reasons.
3. Use all the security mechanisms in your room, such as badges on the door, window pins and a safe for important documents. Never leave the room key on the table or desk.
4. Unpack and organize your clothes in such a way that you know exactly where everything is and easily notice if something is missing. If you carry a backpack or suitcase with a laptop, do not leave it in plain sight.
5. If you need to exchange currency or withdraw money from an ATM, do it in exclusive places for tourists and not in places open to all public.
Tips that will make you feel safe on your next trip
Anonimo. (2018). TIPS QUE TE HARÁN SENTIR SEGURO Y TRANQUILO EN VACACIONES. Marzo 30, 2018, de Expansión Sitio web: https://expansion.mx/dinero/2018/03/15/tips-que-te-haran-sentir-seguro-y-tranquilo-en-vacaciones?utm_source=Matutino&utm_campaign=c31dfdcc78-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_03_28&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_35f350be4e-c31dfdcc78-118604269